Sunday, February 7, 2010

Chapter 5

Who is J.R. Simplot? What connection does J.R. Simplot have to the fast food industry?
John Richard Simplot owns a huge potato plant that produces fries.

How has the potato farms in Idaho changed in the last 25 years or so?
In the past 25 years, potato farms have modernized through technology just as our world has. There are now machines that do the work that human hands once had to do.

What is PGI and how successful has it been at organizing potato farmers?
PGI is the Potato Growers of Idaho. It isn’t very successful in Idaho, but it reaches out to Oregon and Washington.

What is the "fallacy of composition?”
The fallacy of composition is how people may eat a fry, and it tastes, looks, and smells like one. When indeed it’s composition is made of other things, like artificial flavors.

What makes McDonald's fries taste different from the fries of other fast food restaurants?
McDonald’s flavors their fries with beef.

What are some of the similarities and some of the differences between "artificial flavors" and "natural flavors?" Where is the “flavor industry” located?
Artificial and natural flavors are exactly how they sound, there are flavors in the composition of the food that are actual pure substance, but there are also made-up flavors that are made of chemicals to taste a certain way. The flavor industry is located around England, France, and Germany

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for providing best fast food restaurants...
    fast food restaurants

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Service on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Service gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete